Sunday, January 17, 2010

Challenge of the week- try a new craft

Remember the weekly challenges of the Etsy European Street team? In the last two-three months I havent' been able to participate to most of them, but for the new year I have decided to try not to miss anyone. Last week the boss was Susanne, aka enchantedhue and the challenge theme was "bring the inner child out". I participated with this playful necklace:




The winner was Renate, aka Kreativlink and she chose a really challenging theme! She asked us to come out of our comfort zone and experiment, trying a new craft, something we haven't done before, or to try something new within our craft. Well, since I 'm known mainly as a felter and knitter, I decided to open my trunk and search for ideas. 


I found evidence of another favorite craft of mine! Embroidery! I keep tons of magazines with embroidery patterns, I even found an old craft magazine dated 1955!


Boxes of embroidery floss! 

I found in a bag my first samples when I was going to machine embroidery workshops:
 


I also found a beautiful linen fabric in a light sand color and I made these two scented sachets, which I first embroidered with cross stitch and then sewed and filled with lavender!Well it's not actually a try of a new craft, but a new try of an old craft, but I htink it fits the criteria of the challenge theme, what do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...