Thursday, March 24, 2011

a 91 year old pensioner knits breasts

Coral Charles-Dunne, 91, from Birmingham, has knitted dozens of the unusual educational tools as part of a project to inform expectant and new mums about breastfeeding.
She says spends about two hours creating each of the woolly boobs and makes them in a range of sizes, knitting for up to six hours per day.

Coral first picked up her knitting needles when she was eight, and still knits a range of items in her spare time. "My fingers are busy from six o'clock until midnight every evening," she said. I've knitted stacks of stuff for charity, like pull overs, scarves and hats for orphans in Romania, though this is definitely the most unusual thing I've done".

She says she was encouraged to knit the wooly boobs by breastfeeding network volunteer who she met at chapel."Beverley was looking for someone to knit the breasts, and because I do a lot of knitting I said 'yes, I'll do it'.First of all I thought it was a little strange but when she explained that a lot of young women have no idea about things like that I decided to help."
Source: newslite 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...